Durlon® Durtec® gaskets are made with a specially engineered corrugated metal core that is bonded on both sides with soft covering layers, typically fexible graphite. The core is produced by patented technology that allows the finished gasket to have the best possible mechanical support function. Corrugations in the Durtec™ core are virtually uncrushable unlike conventional corrugated metal core gaskets. The precision construction guarantees that Durlon® Durtec™ gaskets will have excellent sealing characteristics even under low bolt loads.
The Durtec® Advantage
- Fire Safe- SS316L/Graphite Passed Modified API 607 fire test
- Blow Out Resistant- Metal core provides excellent resistant to internal pressure spikes
- Reusable – On larger sizes and for special configurations, the core may be refaced with new material and reused provinding lower cost of ownership
- Superior Core Technology- Durtec® design can allow for complete replacement of spiral wound and Kammprofile gaskets with improved performance and lower life cycle cost
- Easy and safe to hanfle, easy to install
- Seals tightly with lower bolt loads vs. spiral wounds and Kammprofiles