Consulting-Specifying Engineer has announced the recipients of the 2012 40 Under 40 award. This award is given to 40 building industry professionals age 40 and younger who stand out in all aspects of their lives. To read a profile of each winner, visit http://www.csemag.com/40under40.
Candidates were nominated by a professional colleague or mentor and judged based on commitment to excellence in their academic, professional, personal, and community involvement. The May issue of Consulting-Specifying Engineer magazine profiles each young professional, highlighting traits that lead him/her to continued success, recent professional projects, and personal achievements.
“It is an honor to recognize these young leaders of the building and engineering industries,” said Amara Rozgus, Editor-in-Chief of Consulting-Specifying Engineer. “They earned this award by working and playing hard while still making time for industry and charity volunteering. Through project management, research, mentoring, and much more, these winners are guiding the building and engineering sciences toward sustainability and success.”
The honorees are:
- Jarrod Alston, Arup
- Alban Bassuet, Arup
- James P. Begley, TERPconsulting
- Mark Blackburn, Hughes Associates Inc.
- Kevin D. Cahill, PositivEnergy Practice LLC
- A. Christopher Cerino, STV
- Michael M. Collarin, AME Consulting Engineers
- Jonathan den Hartog, Autodesk
- Clark R. Denson, SSRCx
- Michael Eardley, Cannon Design
- Erik A. Eaves, Burns & McDonnell
- Jared Edwards, Smith Seckman Reid Inc.
- April Eisenhauer, ccrd Partners Professional Consulting Engineers
- Kelly Eisenstein, City of San Diego
- Becky Ellsworth, Interface Engineering
- Brandon D. Enevold, MW Consulting Engineers
- James D. Ferris, TLC Engineering
- Russell Fortmeyer, Arup
- Josh R. Greenfield, Primera Engineers
- Debbie L. Grieves, WSP Flack + Kurtz
- Lee Harrelson, TM/R Engineering
- Andy Heitman, Building Energy Sciences LLC
- Martin Howell, Arup
- Pete Jefferson, M.E. GROUP Inc.
- Andrew Lasse, Interface Engineer
- Julianne F. Laue, DLR Group
- Erin Lowery, Primera Engineers
- Yury Y. Lui, HP/EYP Mission Critical Services
- Jason Lund, RDK Engineers
- Jonathan Mesik, Holabird & Root
- Frank Muscarella, WSP Flack + Kurtz
- Michelle Nelson, AECOM
- John P. O’Brien, Heapy Engineering
- Michael Pires, Enermodal Engineering
- Robert P. Schaffer, Bala Consulting Engineers Inc.
- Michael St. Clair, Southland Industries
- Ryan Strandquest, Matern Professional Engineering Inc.
- Scott Twele, Rolf Jensen & Associates Inc.
- Matthew S. Weyer, BSA LifeStructures
- Frances Yang, Arup
The 40 Under 40 program is sponsored by MTU Onsite Energy. For additional information about the program, visit www.csemag.com/40under40.
- About Consulting-Specifying EngineerConsulting-Specifying Engineer (www.csemag.com) is a monthly publication serving the nonresidential building industry. It covers mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life- safety engineering for commercial, industrial, government, healthcare, and high-tech buildings. Consulting-Specifying Engineer is published by CFE Media LLC. CFE Media LLC publishes Consulting-Specifying Engineer, Control Engineering, and Plant Engineering magazines on a monthly basis to more than 200,000 qualified subscribers. CFE Media LLC publishes a wide range of weekly and monthly e-newsletters, as well as videos, webcasts, podcasts, blogs, and virtual events on www.controleng.com, www.csemag.com, and www.plantengineering.com.