Wilden®, part of Dover Corporation’s Pump Solutions Group (PSG®) and a worldwide leader in air-operated double-diaphragm (AODD) pump technology, has introduced the Advanced™ FIT line of Air-Operated Double-Diaphragm (AODD) Pumps that feature superior flow rates and easier installation compared to other brands.
Advanced FIT AODD pumps precisely “FIT” bolt-to-bolt and pipe-to-pipe in existing fluid-handling piping systems to provide increased performance with no repiping necessary. They have been engineered to be an easy, cost-effective way to enhance and upgrade existing pump performance with superior bolted product containment.
“Advanced FIT pumps represent a major breakthrough in reducing installation costs when upgrading your AODD pump since they have been designed to ‘drop into’ the existing plumbing footprint with no plumbing rebuilds required,” said Chris Distaso, Director of Engineering for Wilden. “FIT pumps also offer an enhanced level of performance and higher flow rates, resulting in potential energy savings and reduced air consumption.”
Additional features and benefits of Wilden Advanced FIT AODD pumps include:
- Re-engineered fluid path increases flow rates up to 54% versus current Wilden models
- Exact FIT from bolt-down footprint to inlet and discharge connection heights
- Fewer fasteners and easy accessibility with power tools for faster assembly/disassembly and shorter downtime
- Labor-saving manifold flexibility to assist in tight-fitting installations
- Fast ROI, reduced installation costs with no repiping
- Bolted configuration for superior product containment with NPT or BSPT threads or ANSI or DIN flanges
- Exceptional performance for abrasive applications
- Higher flow rates translate into increased productivity and profitability
- Longest Mean Time Between Repair (MTBR) for lower maintenance costs
- Available with the Pro-Flo X™ or Pro-Flo® SHIFT Air Distribution Systems (ADS)
While the Advanced FIT AODD pumps offer an undeniable array of benefits to the end-user when compared to competitive technologies, their performance can be enhanced even further when used in conjunction with other technological innovations that Wilden has recently made in AODD-pump performance. These innovations include EZ-Install TPE Diaphragms, which reduce the costs and downtime associated with diaphragm replacement; Full-Stroke Integral Piston Diaphragms (FSIPD), which are constructed of PTFE (Teflon®) for superior product containment with the same flex-life advantages of standard PTFE diaphragms; and advanced Air Distribution Systems (ADS), such as the Pro-Flo X™ and Pro-Flo® SHIFT, for optimized air consumption with lower energy and operating costs. The result is a combination that delivers a complete, cutting-edge AODD-pump solution that is unmatched in the industry.
Advanced FIT pumps are available in 2” (51mm) and 3” (76mm) sizes with aluminum housings and in 1.5” (38mm), 2” (51mm) and 3” (76mm) sizes with stainless-steel housings, which will be available in late 2014. In addition, Advanced FIT pumps are also available with a wide variety of elastomer options for even the most severe applications. Current Wilden Advanced FIT pump models include the SS420FIT, SS830FIT, SS1520FIT, SS1530FIT and AL1520FIT. In addition, five new Advanced FIT pump models are being introduced, including the AL820FIT, AL830FIT, SS430FIT and SS830FIT.