Whether in the dusty, humid Texas oil fields, coastal California irrigation operations, or even in icy, rainy climates, the new Siemens NEMA rated 3RE48 pump panels provide superior protection for a versatile range of pump applications—protecting the pump motor and motor circuit from short circuits, motor overloads, ground faults, phase loss, and phase imbalance.
The advanced equipment in the 3RE48 features the most rugged and robust NEMA rated contactor technology—designed, constructed, tested, and certified with the same NEMA requirements as the traditional Class 87 NEMA rated pump panel.
The state-of-the-art contactor, which is suitable for high-efficiency motors, is placed right next to the disconnect, allowing space for other ancillary products. The oversized enclosure makes it easier to pull and terminate large power conductors and for convenient installation of field mounted controls devices. It can be retrofitted on existing pump applications and provides protection against the entry of dust and contaminants due to the enclosed housing. In addition, the self-cleaning contacts help to prolong the life of the contactor.
The heavy-duty, advanced pump panel technology is as versatile as the application—able to withstand a variety of elements and harsh environments including the scorching Texas sun, rain, ice, sleet, and even
the water from irrigation sprinklers.
Another unique feature is the superior protection against high humidity, condensation, and corrosive environments thanks to the protective coating on the circuit board of the ESP200 solid-state overload
The enclosure is painted grey. Underneath the paint, there is a layer of hot zinc galvanneal that protects the steel from rusting. It’s the same process used in the automotive industry and adds superior corrosion
resistance from rust.
The disconnect switch also offers huge value. It’s double break switch action reduces arcing and helps to extend the life of the switch.
Values the 3RE48 pump panel offers
The 3RE48 sports the latest and most advanced contactor technology, providing these additional values:
- Cost savings: It is typically priced 15 percent lower than the Class 87 pump panel.
- Reliability: It offers superior protection against high humidity, condensation, and corrosive environments thanks to the protective coating on the circuit board of the ESP200 overload relay.
- Extended product life: Superior corrosion resistance due to the enclosure fabricated with galvannealed steel versus conventional cold rolled steel.
- Safety: High fault interrupting ratings up to 100kA at 600V.
- Ease of Installation: Oversized enclosure to pull and terminate large power conductors and for field installing additional components.
- Assurance: Reduced risk of investment via a 3-year limited warranty on the advanced SIRIUS NEMA rated contactor and coil packaged in the 3RE48 pump panel.
The newly developed 3RE48 Pump Panel ensures customers of continued support for pumping applications by providing the industry’s most advanced technology. With more than 200 million sold worldwide, the SIRIUS contactor is part of Siemens’ most comprehensive line of control products with global recognition and acceptability.
The NEMA rated 3RT contactor has a tested switching cycle of 10 million operations. Its enhanced construction reduces exposure to dust and other contaminants. The contacts have a self-cleaning feature for extended life. The NEMA rated 3RT contactor and factory assembled pump panel is 100% factory tested.
This newest addition to the already extensive line of Siemens pump panels is well suited for irrigation, oil fields and similar pumping applications and is built to withstand the harsh elements of the outdoors.
For more information: www.usa.siemens.com/3RE48