- This event has passed.
Mechanical Seal Fundamentals
April 23 @ 8:00 am - April 26 @ 5:00 pm
This course provides the student with foundational information regarding the purpose of mechanical seals, how they are constructed, where they are used, and what they need to effectively perform in a wide variety of applications.
Mechanical seal issues are discussed in the classroom and then reinforced in the laboratories using actual pumps equipped with instruments to indicate seal chamber pressure and temperature as the pumps are operated at various flow rates by the students themselves. 70% Classroom, 30% labs.
Specific topics include:
- Pump and mechanical seal basics.
- Seal function (how they work).
- Mechanical seal piping plans.
- Proper seal installation and removal.
- Mechanical seal types and arrangements.
- Reading mechanical seal drawings.
- Materials of construction.
- Fluid properties effect on seals.
Engineers; rotating equipment specialists; individuals involved in pump sales and service, and experienced plant maintenance and operational personnel that have a desire to improve their understanding of the many mechanical seal applications in rotating equipment.