- This event has passed.
Dry Gas Seal Seminar (1-Day)
November 13, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This seminar introduces principles of dry gas seals and seal support systems for centrifugal compressors and rotating equipment. Topics include an Overview of the History of Gas Seals, Principles of Operation, Seal Arrangements & Types, and Troubleshooting.
This training course is intended to introduce the design and application of dry gas seals to end-user/OEM/contractor personnel working with turbomachinery such as centrifugal compressors used in process industries.
Key objectives of the course include:
- Recall of the fundamental principles of dry gas seals and support systems used in turbomachinery
- Describe dry gas seal capabilities (static and dynamic)
- Explain critical design and installation considerations
- Review of materials and constructions
- Identify and describe control system design and functionality
- Classify typical failure modes for a dry gas seal
Intended Audience (Industry/Role)
This course is directly relevant to those working in process plants using turbomachinery rotating equipment fitted with dry gas seals and associated support equipment — particularly including industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical and power generation.
The course is aimed at end-user plant personnel responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance and reliability of turbomachinery, including those working in management, engineering, operations and technician roles.
The course is also relevant to those working in rotating equipment OEMs and as process plant contractors.
Dates and Registration