- This event has passed.
Root Cause Analysis
June 5, 2018 @ 8:00 am - June 7, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
This course provides participants with an in-depth procedure for performing a root cause analysis using a logical cause mapping techniques. After learning these techniques, students will work in teams of 4-6 members to endeavor to identify problems, and after applying the RCA process, ultimately recommend solutions to various pump and seal failures presented in several cases studies. 60% classroom, 40% team exercises.
Specific topics include:
- The necessity and purpose of RCA
- Problem identification and classification
- Traditional methods of cause and effect root cause analysis
- Cause and effect mapping techniques
- Selecting possible and best solutions from the map
- Review of centrifugal pump troubleshooting procedures
- Review of mechanical seal troubleshooting procedures
- Pump and mechanical seal failure case studies
- Following up a Root Cause Analysis
Senior operations and maintenance personnel and reliability engineers with field experience with centrifugal pumps and mechanical seals are preferred.