- This event has passed.
Chemical Process Pump Repair
May 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - May 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
This course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills needed to repair and maintain ASME and ISO overhung chemical process pumps and understand the basics of pumps, pumping systems and mechanical seal design.
Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to:
- Describe centrifugal pump operation and why they fail
- Describe basic hydraulics and its impact on pump performance
- Describe pump and system interaction
- Explain basic functions of mechanical seals, how they work and why they fail
- Demonstrate accurate reading of precision measurement tools
- Accurately interpret mechanical seal assembly drawings
- Properly disassemble and inspect ASME and ISO chemical process pumps
- Accurately measure critical pump dimensions using precision instruments
- Demonstrate proper bearing removal and installation
This course is for mechanics, millwrights and others who are responsible for maintaining with ASME and ISO chemical process pumps.