- This event has passed.
AFT Training Seminar South Africa
March 5 @ 8:00 am - March 12 @ 5:00 pm
The basic theoretical background to hydraulics in piping systems and system design and analysis is covered, including efficient design.
Training makes use of AFT Fathom, AFT Arrow and AFT Impulse (plus add-on modules) as well as hand calculations.
A discussion/question/answer format is also employed in order to maximize retention of course material and theoretical concepts. Some of the specific topics covered are outlined
Chempute Software will provide training venue, computers, training dongles, printed training notes, teas, lunches, course certificate. CPD points are awarded according to the ECSA Continuing Professional Development program.
- Overview of AFT Fathom
- Hydraulic Solution Methodology
- Demonstration Problem – Sizing a Pump
- Understanding Solution Control Options
- AFT Fathom Hands-On Modeling
- Troubleshooting AFT Fathom Models
- The Five Primary Windows
- Pipe and Junction Details
- Special Topics
- Overview of AFT Arrow
- Fundamental Equations of Compressible Flow
- Demonstration Problem –
- Determining Delivery Conditions
- Understanding Solution Control
- AFT Arrow Hands-On Modeling
- Troubleshooting AFT Arrow Models
- Overview of AFT Impulse
- Steady State Hydraulic Solution Methodology
- Waterhammer Solution Methodology
- Demonstration Problem – Surge at Valve Closure
- AFT Impulse – Hands on Modeling
- Troubleshooting AFT Impulse Models