Danfoss, a leading manufacturer of high-efficiency electronic and mechanical components and controls for air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and motion systems, is proud to support The Energy Savings and Industrial Competitiveness Act of 2013, S.761, recently reintroduced by Senators Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio).
The Shaheen-Portman legislation would increase the use of energy-efficiency technologies in the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors. The bipartisan legislation is a deficit-neutral proposal that would drive economic growth and generate clean energy jobs in the United States. Furthermore, it would boost investment in building efficiency upgrades, help manufacturers reduce energy use, and strengthen national model building codes.
Specifically, the bill would:
- Strengthen national model building codes to make new homes and commercial buildings more energy efficient, while working with states and private industry to make the code-writing process more transparent
- Direct U.S. Department of Energy to work closely with private sector partners to encourage research, development, and commercialization of innovative energy-efficiency technology and processes for industrial applications
- Provide funding to states in support of commercial building energy-efficiency financing
- Establish “SupplySTAR,” a DOE program to help make companies’ supply chain more efficient
- Allow federal agencies to use existing funds to update plans for new federal buildings, using the most current building efficiency standards
“We commend Senators Shaheen and Portman for their leadership in energy efficiency. This bipartisan bill is an important piece of legislation to create jobs and incentivize broad deployment of technologies available today to reduce energy use in the United States,” commented Robert Wilkins, vice president of public affairs for Danfoss.
The bill has bi-partisan support as well as a broad base of support by over 200 entities including businesses, environmental groups, and trade associations.
Danfoss is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high efficiency electronic and mechanical components and controls for air-conditioning, heating, refrigeration and motion systems. We operate in more than 100 countries, employ 25,740 people, and hold more than 1,800 patents on a wide range of products. Our innovative, reliable products are backed by local sales and support to help our customers solve their greatest challenges. With its visionary and committed employees, Danfoss meets the needs of its customers through its EnVisioneeringSM partnerships. EnVisioneering focuses on developing new technologies for sustainable business growth through engineering innovation, energy efficiency and environmental responsibility. For more information about Danfoss, visit: www.danfoss.us. For more information about EnVisioneering, visit:www.envisioneering.danfoss.com.