A.W. Chesterton Company announces the official launch of its comprehensive Large Diameter Rotary Seal Series, an extension of Chesterton’s existing rotary seal portfolio.
This seal series was specifically developed to improve seal performance in heavy duty, industrial rotating equipment. The seal design, materials, and technology provide superior protection against the ingress of solid particles, dust, and fluids. As a result, bearing houses and gearboxes are protected even in the most hostile industrial environments.
The Large Diameter Rotary Seal Series offers high performance, retrofit replacements of most popular industrial rotary sealing solutions and systems that are used in heavy duty applications:
- 50K: Rotary face seals (excluders) as secondary seal components for the protection of bearing seals and bearing housing
- 51K: Rotary seals with a fabric-reinforced back on OD for bearing and gearbox protection
- 52K: Rotary seals with a metallic ring insert (stiffener ring) for bearing and gearbox protection
- 53K: Rotary seals with special spring system (combination of helical garter and finger spring) for high speed and large run-out applications
Chesterton Rotary Seal Benefits
Applications: Designed for heavy industry: Steel and Aluminum Mills, Hydropower, Mining and Ore Processes, Cement, Pulp & Paper
Sizes: Available up to 1650 mm (65”) in diameter
Material Technology: Allows seals to withstand to high surface speed and large shaft runout
- High-performance elastomers ensure resistance to compression setting and wear/aging to provide longer service life.
- For use in high and low temperature conditions with excellent fluid compatibility; an excellent choice for plant-wide usage
Design: A unique lip design combined with auto-lubricated elastomers offer low friction for improved performance and mitigate the risk of shaft wear
- Improved fitting and improved centric position in seal cavity
- Direct retrofit, eliminates equipment modification
- Split versions are available for easy assembly
Manufacturing: Created with compression molding technology that provides accurate dimensional, geometrical tolerances
- Made-to-order products
Geographic Availability: North America, Europe, Middle East, Africa
About A.W. Chesterton Company
Operating in over 100 countries around the world, Chesterton is recognized as a leading provider of knowledge backed solutions and expert service for Rotary, Stationary, and Fluid Power equipment supported by a comprehensive line of industrial fluid sealing solutions, high performance protective coatings, and specialty industrial lubrication.