- This event has passed.
Valve Industry Knowledge Forum
April 11, 2018 @ 8:00 am - April 13, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The new Valve Industry Knowledge Forum combines the best of three different VMA meetings to create one education-packed event with three distinct educational tracks:
- TECHNICAL – Advancing Valve Integrity through Technology. Subject matter specifically targeted to experienced technical and engineering personnel working with valves and related products.
- MANUFACTURING – Combating Complacency in Manufacturing: Safety, Customer Focus and Technology. Developed for those who work or supervise the production and assembly process in their companies.
- HUMAN RESOURCES – From Hello to Goodbye: Improving the Employee Experience.Programming created for the HR professional as well as company leaders who wish to hear the latest thinking on HR topics and legal issues.
A joint event means more meaningful dialogue between different segments of our industry, an expansion of the attendee base and the ability for individuals to learn about various areas of the valve business. Attendance is open to both VMA members and non-members!
The Valve Industry Knowledge Forum offers:
- An optional tour day (April 11) – choose one of 2 tours
- Tabletop exhibits (afternoon of April 12 only)
- A day-and-a-half of educational sessions on April 12 and 13
- Flexibility for attendees who may attend sessions all on one topic, or mix-and-match between different tracks
- Shared networking events and meals
Who Should Attend?
End users, engineering and consulting firm personnel, distributors, various personnel within manufacturing and supplier firms, and other related industry groups and professionals.
Professional Development Hours
Attendees to the 2018 VMA Valve Industry Knowledge Forum will receive a certificate for twelve (12) Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for attending the Knowledge Forum.
Attendee Registration Fees
FIRST ATTENDEE REGISTRATION. The registration fee for VMA/VRC members is $595. The non-member registrations fee is $645.
ADDITIONAL ATTENDEES. Discounts apply when registering more than one person from a member or non-member company. The registration fee for additional registrants for VMA/VRC members is $495. The non-member fee for additional registrants is $545.
Member exhibitor registration is $495. Non-member exhibitor registration is $545. One additional exhibit personnel is included in your exhibit fee. Your exhibit registration does NOT include entrance to the Knowledge Forum. If you wish to register your exhibit representatives to attend the Knowledge Forum an additional registration fee of $545 member or $595 non-member, per person, would apply.
Exhibit registration fee includes two people from your company, sign, attendee list, table with two chairs and participation in all food events that take place in the exhibit area (lunch, afternoon break and welcome reception).
Optional Tours – April 11
VMA has organized two tours in conjunction with the 2018 Valve Industry Knowledge Forum. Both tours are open to all attendees, and registration is on a first-come, first served basis. A separate tour ticket ($75) must be purchased, which will be in addition to your registration. As the tour times overlap, please choose one tour only. Both tours include transportation and Mitsubishi Hatachi tour includes lunch.
GULFSTREAM AEROSPACE. Participants will visit Gulfstream’s headquarters and tour the Gulfstream G650 manufacturing facility. Gulfstream’s Research and Development campus in Savannah is a shared base for more than 1,500 employees who develop and test next-generation aviation concepts.
MITSUBISHI HITACHI POWER SYSTEMS/SAVANNAH MACHINERY WORKS. Attendees will explore Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems’ Savannah Machinery Works, where the world’s most advanced gas turbines are manufactured. During this tour of over 500,000 square feet of manufacturing space, participants will see component manufacturing of combustion systems, advance machining of gas turbine rotors, high speed balance and testing, and final assembly of gas turbines.
A ticket fee of $75 is required in addition to your registration fee. Your ticket includes lunch and transportation to-and-from the tour sites.
Accommodations for the Valve Industry Knowledge Forum have been arranged with The DeSoto Hotel, 15 East Liberty Street, Savannah, GA. The discounted rate is $189 per night and is available April 10-13, 2018. There are a limited number of rooms left. After March 22, rooms at the group discounted rate will no longer be available. The DeSoto will still accept reservations, but will charge their normal price for rooms after March 22.
Attendees can call 844-257-3520 to make reservations by phone or CLICK HERE. Rooms are available from April 10-13 ONLY. Rooms on April 13 are limited.
The DeSoto Hotel is close to everything! Stroll three blocks in any direction and you’ll have experienced Savannah’s entire Historic Landmark District. From cobblestoned River Street to the galleries of the Savannah College of Art & Design, this city is packed with things to do, see and experience.
Registration Cancellation Policies
- Cancellations received up to 30 days before the event are refundable minus a 5% administrative fee
- Cancellations received between 15 and 29 days before the event are 75% refundable
- Due to hotel and other event guarantees, cancellations received between 0 – 14 days prior to the event are non-refundable. Substitutions will be accepted for cancelled reservations.
Email Malena Malone-Blevins at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-331-8105 ext. 310.