- This event has passed.
Pump Operator Training
July 31, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The purpose of this course is to teach principles and procedures that are necessary to optimize centrifugal pump and mechanical seal life through proper equipment operation. Participants will identify common causes of rotating equipment failure and discuss how they could be corrected or even prevented through proper operating procedures.
Designed as an on-site course, concepts and theory are taught in a classroom setting and then reinforced with hands-on exercises using portable laboratories.
Specific topics include:
- Review of centrifugal pump basics.
- Pump operating conditions that affect reliably.
- Mechanical issues that affect pump reliability.
- Troubleshooting centrifugal pump failures.
- Review of mechanical seal basics.
- Mechanical seal installation, commissioning and operation.
- Mechanical seal troubleshooting.
- Seal failure case studies.
All people or supervisors involved with the routine operation of mechanically sealed rotating equipment. Others who would benefit include engineers and personnel responsible for the reliability of rotating equipment.