- This event has passed.
Pump and Mechanical Seal Basics
February 26 @ 8:00 am - February 27 @ 5:00 pm
This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills required to understand the basics of pumps and mechanical seals. The course details the components of pumps and mechanical seals, and their functions, how they work together, and what they need to operate reliably in a system.
Designed as an on-site course, concepts and theory are taught in a classroom setting and then reinforced with hands-on exercises using portable laboratories. 80% classroom, 20% labs.
Specific topics include:
- Introduction to pump terms and definitions
- Construction of the pump and the function of each pump component
- Basic hydraulics regarding liquid flow and head in a system
- Centrifugal pump performance curves.
- Net Positive Suction Head and various types of cavitation
- Mechanical seals – designs and components
- Single and dual mechanical seals and why they are used
- Common mechanical seal piping plans and why they are used
Engineers; individuals involved in pump sales and service, and experienced plant maintenance and operational personnel that have a desire to improve their understanding of pumps and mechanical seals.