- This event has passed.
Between Bearing Pump Repair (Formerly MSPR)
August 7, 2018 @ 8:00 am - August 10, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
An Intermediate Level class for maintenance staff.
This course instructs participants on the proper procedures for the preparation, rigging, disassembly, inspection and failure analysis of between bearing centrifugal pumps. The pumps addressed include both horizontally and radially split pumps; i.e BB1 through BB5 style equipment.
During the course the participants will:
- Discuss field and shop inspection of the pump and system components
- Practice disassembly and inspection procedures and best practices
- Document and analyze information gathered during disassembly and inspection
- Identify and discuss elimination of failure modes
- Review industry standards for component NDE and repair techniques
- Practice bearing and seal removal and installation
- Discuss industry standards and criteria for component balancing
- Reassemble pumps with an emphasis on measuring and recoding critical dimensions and runouts
This course is for mechanics, millwrights and others who are responsible for maintaining between bearing pumps.