BJM Pumps announces the release of the new XP-SKG explosion proof electric submersible pumps. The XP-SKG pumps are specifically designed for tough conditions where explosion-proof, FM C/US approved (Class I, Division 1, Group C & D) are needed. The XP-SKG features patented RAD-AX® Dual Shredding Technology, designed to obliterate tensile fabrics and other difficult solids in municipal and industrial wastewater applications.
The XP-SKG features robust construction and unmatched design, making it able to outperform and outlast standard wastewater predecessors in harsh environments.
Top features include:
- RAD-AX® Dual Shredding Technology (patented) featuring radial and axial shredding elements.
- All shredding elements constructed of hardened 440C Stainless Steel with a Rockwell hardness of 55C plus.
- Shredding System efficiency to alleviate potentially high surge load to the motor.
- Efficient, high solids passage impeller and volute design, coupled to a high torque 4-pole motor. (2, 3, & 5 HP)
- Trimmed Impellers – BJM Pumps® offers two impeller trims for each of our SKG models to expand hydraulic coverage.
- Oil-lubricated Double Mechanical Seals and separate lip seal design to protect motor.
- Heavy Duty SOOW power and sensor cable – construction provides motor lead and sensor lead cable protection.
The hardened impeller and suction cover materials provide maximum wear resistance for long service life. (NEMA) Class F motor insulation and 1.15 service factor allow for higher service loading. Additional motor protection through Seal Minder® – seal leak detection system and motor thermal sensor switches embedded in motor windings. The automatic motor thermal switch turns the pump motor off if the temperature and/or amp draw rises too high. When the motor cools the switch will automatically reset and the pump will turn back on.
GPM to 410. Heads to 42′.
Typical applications for the XP-SKG pumps include those at food processing plants, in digested sludge wastewater, at shopping malls, prisons, tank farm moats, airports, trailer parks, distilleries, campgrounds, battery recycling, bottling plants and many others.