Armstrong Fluid Technology has announced that its next technology evolution COMPASS R20-75 circulator is available in a stainless steel construction.
Designed for use in potable water systems, the new stainless steel model features a dry rotor design, as well as advanced variable speed Design Envelope technology, Armstrong iECMTM motors, and quadratic control to minimize both energy costs and long-term operating costs for homeowners.
The innovative quadratic control algorithm offers operating efficiencies that are better than standard variable speed solutions, and even greater system energy savings are possible with the 0-1V dc input signal connection to external systems.
The COMPASS R is a direct performance replacement for nine competing circulator models and a bolt-to-bolt match for many installed circulators.
Other innovative features of the stainless steel COMPASS R circulator include:
- Optimized hydraulics with a high-efficiency dry rotor design
- “Posi-start” technology provides smooth starting and automatic de-blocking
- Onboard control panel for easy selection of the appropriate operations mode and flow
- Release latch for easy adjustment of the display orientation and repairability
- Easy-to-access front-facing terminal block with a large wiring chamber
- Replaceable mechanical seal, and any other circulator part required
- Complies with EEI<0.22, NSF-372
About Armstrong Fluid Technology
With over 1100 employees worldwide, operating seven manufacturing facilities on three continents, Armstrong Fluid Technology is known around the world as a forerunner and innovator in the design, engineering and manufacturing of intelligent fluid flow equipment. With its expertise in fluid dynamics, heat transfer, variable speed, and demand-based control, Armstrong Fluid Technology leads the fluid systems industry, including HVAC, plumbing, and fire safety in providing the most energy efficient and cost-effective solutions to building professionals and owners around the globe.