Typical selection criteria for centrifugal pumps are their design data (flow rate or capacity Q, discharge head H, speed of rotation n and NPSH), the properties of the fluid pumped, the application, the place of installation and the applicable regulations, specifications, laws and codes. KSB offers a broad range of pump types to meet the most varied requirements.
Main design features for classification are:
- the number of stages (singlestage / multistage), 2
- the position of the shaft (horizontal / vertical),
- the pump casing (radial, e. g. volute casing / axial, e. g. tubular casing),
- the number of impeller entries (single entry / double entry),
- the type of motor (dry motor / dry rotor motor, e. g. submerged motor / wet rotor motor, e. g. canned motor, submersible motor).