Founded in 1961 in Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil by Werner Ricardo Voigt, Eggon João da Silva and Geraldo Werninghaus, WEG is a $3.5B independent international solutions company operating in 6 continents, exporting to 100+ countries with 7 production facilities and 23,000+ employees (200+ located in the United States). WEG’s Duluth, GA Headquarters facility manufactuers custom panels and medium voltagel drives.
U.S. Customers are served nationwide by WEG’s 8 Regional Distribution Centers located in Chicago, IL; Duluth, GA; Harrisburg, PA; Houston, TX; Ontario, CA; Kansas City, KS; and Portland, OR.
WEG Electric Corp. is active in the community in the US. Both WEG and it’s employees actively participate in charity events each year via donations, fundraising, and volunteering. WEG also supports green initiatives in its offices, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities.
COMPANY WHITE PAPERS
- Electric Motors NEMA Premium® General Purpose Specification Totally Enclosed Fan Cooled Motor 1 - 700 HP
- WEG Aligned With The Latest Ex Marking For Motors Designed For Hazardous Areas
- Industry 4.0 and the WEG Motor Scan [whitepaper]
- Considerations for Selecting a Variable Frequency Drive or Soft Starter
- MEPS Guide: Global Minimum Energy Performance Standards for Low Voltage Motors
- Guide to Explosive Atmospheres