United Electric Controls (UEC) and its divisions, Applied Sensor Technologies (AST) and Precision Sensors (PSI), is a privately held corporation headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts, USA.
UEC has manufactured WirelessHART® gas detectors; pressure, temperature, vacuum, electromechanical and electronic smart switches; safety transmitters; controls; and sensors for almost 90 years. Focused on providing protection to equipment, processes, and personnel in a variety of industrial applications, our products range from simple units to highly specialized custom designs.
Many UEC products perform industrial alarm and emergency shutdown functions for our global customers, while others provide critical sensor inputs into their control systems. Our reputation for dependable, reliable products is a result of innovative design, superior manufacturing processes, and a corporate focus on uncompromising quality.
- ISO 9001-certified
- Customer-first approach through service, delivery, and value
- S. manufacturing facilities
- Market driven solutions that satisfy customer requirements
- A history of innovation from the first micro-switch design to the first HART®
smart switch to the first WirelessHART®gas detector with 5-year battery life
- Fit-for-purpose design by application
- Energy management
- RoHS compliance
- Non-toxic manufacturing
- Lean manufacturing for maximum productivity
- Operational excellence (OpX) for reduced waste
- One-piece flow for optimum manufacturing efficiency
- Worldwide factory support
- More than 140 distributors in over 75 countries
- Third-party approvals and certifications