Estimates in 2016 showed that Women held only 28.9% of U.S. manufacturing jobs and only 14.2% of engineering occupations. While many companies are working to change this (GE, for example, has pledged to hire 20,000 women into technical roles by 2020 – watch the video here: bit.ly/WomenInMFG), we are going to do our part to encourage diversity in the Pump Industry. How?! By shining a light on Women in Industry!! When we can *SEE* each other, we can Connect for Purpose! (Listen to this podcast bit.ly/ConnectForPurpose).
Let’s keep this conversation going about how to empower, encourage, and support each other! There are many different ways you can get involved.
- Join our LinkedIn Group to start a conversation: bit.ly/WomenInThePumpIndustry
- Join a LeanIn Circle – leanincircles.org
- Check out Hear Her Story, (bit.ly/WomenAndMFG) which profiles leading women in manufacturing.
- If you’re in the Energy sector, participate with PinkPetro.com, a global community of energy leaders and disruptors committed to busting the diversity gap and creating a new, inclusive future for energy.
- Email Charli K. Matthews if you have a question or just want to talk! email@example.com.
- Use hashtags #PumpTalk #EmpoweringConnections to stay involved online.