The new Qdos 20 pump – an extension to the popular Qdos range – has been launched by Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group.
- Latest addition to highly successful Qdos chemical metering pump range
- Designed for sodium hypochlorite applications with flow rates from 0.001 to 32 gallons per hour (gph) at up to 100 pounds per square inch (psi)
- Inherently designed to reduce maintenance – with ReNu pumphead
The new pump has been developed to offer highly accurate sodium hypochlorite metering in disinfection applications with flow rates to 32 gallons per hours at a maximum of 100 psi pressure. It is especially suitable for applications at the well sites of many smaller water treatment plants, where operators are often injecting into water lines at higher pressure.
Qdos 20 features the same user-friendly interface and control options, ensuring that users have continuity with any existing Qdos applications. Offering low total cost of ownership, the new model is designed as a drop-in replacement for diaphragm pumps. Qdos pumps also include the ReNu pumphead for single, no-tools maintenance.
Its intuitive interface provides simple control of the pump via manual, 4-20mA, contact or PROFIBUS control. The brushless DC motor control maintains flow accuracy of +/-1% with a repeatability of +/-0.5% and a turndown ratio of 3330:1.
The pump is ideally suited for tight control for chlorine residual. Successful field trials and SCADA data indicate a considerable improvement in variation of chlorine residual compared to even the highest specification diaphragm metering pumps. This is achieved via the twin offset rotor design.
The Qdos 20 peristaltic pump technology uses two tube channels; where the channels are operated out of phase. Although peristaltic pumps are generally lower in pulsation than other positive displacement pumps, Qdos 20 reduces this pulsation even further by alternate tube compressions ensuring pulsation is balanced out. This results in almost continual positive fluid displacement, and consistent metering of chemical into the application.
Process uptime is maximized by facilitating quick, safe and easy pumphead removal and replacement, with no need for tools, no specialist training and no maintenance technicians needed on site. The contained pumphead design with integral leak detection reduces wastage and eliminates operator exposure to chemicals.
Field trials have confirmed the long life of the pumphead, with one utilities customer in Minneapolis experiencing 12 months pumphead life. When operating up to 100 psi, the Qdos 20 pump also significantly reduced maintenance downtime. As a result, the plant is currently in the process of replacing the trial model with a production unit.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group (WMFTG) is the world leader in niche peristaltic and sinusoidal pumps, and associated fluid path technologies. Founded on nearly 60 years of supplying engineering and process expertise and with over one million pumps installed worldwide, our pumps are tried, tested and proven to deliver.
WMFTG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc (LSE: SPX), a global organisation employing approximately 4,800 people worldwide. Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group comprises ten established brands, each with their own area of expertise, but together offering our customers an unrivalled breadth of solutions for their pumping applications:
- Watson-Marlow Pumps: peristaltic tube pumps for biotechnology and pharmaceutical and process industries
- Watson-Marlow Tubing: precision tubing for pumping and other purposes, in a range of materials
- Bredel: high flow, heavy duty hose pumps
- Alitea: unique peristaltic solutions for OEM customers
- Flexicon: aseptic filling and capping systems
- MasoSine: gentle sinusoidal pumps for food, chemical and cosmetics applications
- BioPure: advanced single-use tubing connector systems
- ASEPCO: aseptic valves for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry
- FlowSmart: high purity sanitary gaskets, silicone transfer tubing and reinforced silicone hoses
- Aflex Hose: specialises in the design and manufacture of PTFE-lined flexible hoses
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group is an international operation based in Falmouth, Cornwall, UK. Watson-Marlow Fluid |Technology Group has offices in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, China, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Russia, Sharjah UAE, Singapore, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, USA and Vietnam.
Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group honoured with the Queen’s Award for Enterprise: International Trade 2017.