Originally developed in 1942, the CRANE Technical Paper No. 410 (TP-410) is the quintessential guide to understanding the flow of fluid through valves, pipes, and fittings. The manual is intended to aid in selecting the correct equipment and parameters when designing and operating any piping system.
The 2018 U.S. edition, features a brand new chapter on sensible heat transfer in piping systems, in-depth information on compressible fluid flow and an iterative method for sizing flow meters.
Also included, is an in-depth discussion on cavitation and choking in control valves as well as a method for viscosity correcting a centrifugal pump curve and clarification of the calculations for non-circular ducts.
New images, equations, and graphs can be found throughout, increasing the value of the TP-410 as an educational tool and industrial reference for personnel involved in the fluid handling industries for generations to come.
Engineered Software is the sole supplier of the Crane TP-410, which includes:
- Valves and resistance coefficients based on tests performed at Crane Engineering Lab
- Calculation methods for hydraulic resistance and in resistance values for wyes and tees
- Chapters covering pumps, control valves, and flow meters
- Published by Crane Co., one of the world’s leading suppliers of valve products & services
- Additional chapter explaining sensible heat transfer in piping systems*
- In-depth information on compressible fluid flow*
- An iterative method for sizing flow meters*
- Further discussion on cavitation and choking in control valves*
- Updated method for viscosity corrections for a centrifugal pump curve*
- Clarification of the calculations for non-circular ducts*
- New images, equations and graphs throughout*
*2018 U.S. edition only.