BJM Pumps Submersible Shredder (SKX & XP-SKX) pumps leave solids slightly larger than if passed through a grinder pump. The shredding action is caused by using a cutting impeller with a Tungsten Carbide Tip, against a “spiral” shaped diffuser plate. XP-SKX -pumps have non-clog impellers designed for high volume and lift performance. All “wet” parts such as impeller, wear-plate and pump-housing are made of Cast 316 stainless material. The elastomers such as o-rings, lip seals and gaskets are made of FKM. Standard power cable is made of oil-resistant material. Special installation can be made with EPDM power-cable and elastomers. (BUNA (Nitril) also available).
FM Approved motor for use in Class I, Division 1, Groups C & D hazardous locations. Available in 208, 230, 460 or 575 Volt 60Hz. Contact factory for 50Hz availability.
· All parts exposed to pumped liquids are made of 316 Stainless Steel.
· Three Seal Motor Protection – Motor is protected by two independent mechanical seals. Lower seal made of silicon carbide/silicon carbide and upper seal is made of carbon/ceramic. An additional lip seal has been installed to help prevent abrasives such as dirt, silt or sand, from entering into the seal chamber. Standard elastomers are Buna N (FKM optional).
· More Motor Protection – Air filled motor with winding protection and (NEMA) Class F motor insulation. Seal leakage detector(s) in seal chamber offers early warning should water enter the chamber.
· Epoxy Coated Motor Housing – Superior two part epoxy to protect the motor from exposure to the surrounding liquid.
· Tough Pump Construction – Hardened cast iron stands up to rough handling and pumping sandy water unlike pumps with soft resin impellers or plastic exterior components.
· Longer Power Cord – Standard 50ft. power.
(Specifications dependent on model & may change without notice)