2018 marks the 30th year of the Operations Challenge! This event, held annually at WEFTEC, is the water quality industry’s premier professional skills competition that recognizes excellence in water / wastewater operations.
There are several qualifying events held by Water Environment Federation Member associations that occur throughout the year leading up to WEFTEC. KSB is excited to be supplying the pump package for the Operations Challenge Maintenance Events through 2021.
From March 11th through the 14th, 2018, the South Carolina Environmental Conference will once again host an exciting Operations Challenge Maintenance Event at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
The SCEC features a variety of hands-on water and wastewater operations competitions, including the Operations Challenge (March 11 & 12), Hydrant Hysteria, Top Ops, Meter Madness, and Pipe Tapping. SCEC also hosts the annual Best Tasting Water Contest.
These teams are competing at the SC PWO Regional Operations Challenge Competition, so be sure to use these hashtags to follow along on social media!
- Mount Pleasant Waterworks, Controlled Chaos, Division 1
- Greenwood Metro – Lethal Concentration, Division 2
- City of Columbia – Charley’s Angels, Division 2
- North Charleston Sewer – Code Brown
- Ontario Clean Water Agency, OCWA Jets Division 1
- Hampton Roads Sanitation District – HRSD Skid Marks, Division 2
- City of Columbus Ohio – Columbus Outfalls, Division 2