Grundfos will find out ‘who has the guts’ and let them take home the glory – and $10,000 – at the National Groundwater Association’s Groundwater Week on Wednesday, December 5 at booths #557 and 657.
Groundwater Week marks the culmination of a year-long WaterPRO Championship competition, which put well water contractors to the test at 75 qualifying events across the country. Tasked with putting together a Grundfos SP pump end, participants competed to see who could meet the challenge in the fastest time. Local winners were declared at the events, and those with the 12 fastest times overall have been invited to participate in the semi-finals at NGWA.
Contestants who did not get the top 12 times will have a chance for redemption – two walk-on spots are available for the semifinals. Groundwater Week attendees can stop by Grundfos’ booth to give it a try, and the two fastest will advance to the semifinals. With the final two contestants in place, semifinalists will compete in a new challenge in four heats of four. Semifinalists with the top three times will advance to the finals for another unique challenge.
The schedule for the day is as follows:
- 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Qualifying event for two walk-on spots at Grundfos booth #557 and 657 with opportunity to advance to semifinals
- 2:15 p.m.: Semifinal heats
- 3:30 p.m.: WaterPRO Championship final heat
- 3:45 p.m.: WaterPRO Championship winner announced
- 6 to 9 p.m.: Hospitality event at Hard Rock Café, formal awards ceremony at 6:45
“We’ve had such a great time seeing the depth of talent our well-drillers brought to the competition this year,” said Dan Story, vice president of Groundwater sales for Grundfos. “We expect the semifinals and finals to be quite exciting with so much talent on display, and we’re looking forward to naming a winner at Groundwater Week.”
This is the first year Grundfos has held the WaterPRO Challenge, but it won’t be the last! Grundfos is planning to hold the competition throughout 2019 as well. This year’s semifinalists include:
- Ben Cook, JDJ Company LLC, 40 seconds
- Judah Wilke, Shiloh Water Systems Inc., 41.4 seconds
- Ralph Nix, Robert L Nix Pump Sales, 41.7 seconds
- Danny Newcomb, Steve’s Pump Service, 44.9 seconds
- Phil Chadsey, Stettler Supply, 45.2 seconds
- Brian Butcher, Chambers and Phillips Inc., 46.9 seconds
- Jason Hougak, Steve’s Pump Service, 47.5 seconds
- Levi Lockhart, Ski Line Equipment Rental LLC, 47.7 seconds
- Jay Nelson; Sure Tap Springs LLC, 47.8 seconds
- Jason Johnson, A1 Water Well Service, 48.2 seconds
- Kenneth White, Valley Artesian Well Co., 48.9 seconds
- Saul Ordonez, Skinner’s Drilling and Well Service LCC, 49.2 seconds
In the weeks leading up to Groundwater Week, Grundfos will be sharing videos and interviews with the semifinalists at www.facebook.com/grundfospumpsusa so attendees can get to know the participants before cheering them on.
For more information, visit www.grundfos.us/WaterPROChampionship and visit Grundfos at NGWA Groundwater Week at booth #557 & 657.
ABOUT THE GRUNDFOS WATERPRO PROGRAM:
The Grundfos WaterPRO program gives dedicated water well contractors exclusive benefits that make doing business easier, including: private training with Grundfos Technical Sales Managers; access to the Grundfos technical support chat app; customizable service stickers; extended product warranty; and more. Learn more at: www.grundfos.us/waterpro.
Watch the initial video published in March 2018:
Grundfos is a global leader in advanced pump solutions and a trendsetter in water technology Grundfos supplies complete pumping systems and solutions for buildings, industry and every aspect of water use. An annual production of more than 16 million pump units makes Grundfos a leading pump manufacturer with more than 18,000 employees worldwide. Key products include circulator and centrifugal pumps for industry, water supply, sewage and dosing; as well as standard and submersible motors and state-of-the-art electronics for monitoring and controlling pumps. In the U.S., more than 1,200 employees staff operations, sales and service facilities in Illinois (North American HQ), Kansas, Pennsylvania, California, Texas, Indiana and Alabama. Grundfos provides comprehensive market coverage in North America through a number of marquee product brands, with more than 765 years of service combined.