Engineered Sealing Systems
November 19 @ 8:00 am - November 21 @ 5:00 pm
This instructor-led course introduces the basic principles of mechanical seals and seal support systems. Learning is through an effective blend of classroom theory sessions and practical, hands-on exercises. The course includes appropriate assessments on theory and practical elements. A certificate is issued to delegates on successful completion of the course.
Note: This is the first part of a two-course program; the second course is Advanced Mechanical Seals and Systems.
This training course is intended to meet the learning needs of end-user/OEM/contractor personnel working with rotating equipment, such as centrifugal pumps used in process industries.
Key objectives of the course include:
- Understand the fundamental principles of mechanical seals and support systems used in rotating equipment
- Provide opportunities for hands-on experience with mechanical seal assembly and installation
- Understand and be able to apply the latest sealing technology used on process applications
- Be able to comply with relevant industrial shaft sealing standards
- Be able to adopt safe working practices at all times when working with mechanical seals and support systems
- Understand the importance of mechanical seal performance for overall process plant reliability
- Understand the consequences of any seal leakage
Intended Audience (Industry/Role)
This course is directly relevant to those working in process plants using rotating equipment fitted with mechanical seals and associated support equipment — particularly including industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, power generation, pharmaceutical, and waste and water treatment.
The course is aimed at end-user plant personnel responsible for the installation, operation, maintenance and reliability of rotating equipment, including those working in management, engineering, operations and technician roles.
The course is also relevant to those working in rotating equipment OEMs and as process plant contractors.
Registration Open Until Monday 5 November, 2018 12:00 PM (EST)