Pump System Analysis
November 13 @ 8:00 am - November 16 @ 5:00 pm
This course provides a comprehensive analysis of pump performance and its dependency on operations upstream and downstream from the pump. Students will review pump hydraulics and apply these fundamentals to calculate the reliability of the overall pump system. 60% classroom, 40% labs and team exercises.
Specific topics include:
- Calculating friction head losses.
- Calculating total dynamic head
- Reviewing system head curves for in-line and branch-line systems.
- Comparing parallel vs. series operation.
- Variable speed control vs. valve throttling.
- Calculating NPSH available.
- Pump selection recommendations.
- Calculating specific speed and suction specific speed.
Engineers; rotating equipment specialists; individuals involved in pump sales and service, and experienced plant maintenance and operational personnel that have a desire to improve their understanding of pumping systems and the ways those systems can be improved.