A.W. Chesterton Company is pleased to announce the availability of its new AWC808 95 Shore A durometer thermoplastic polyurethane (AU) technology. This material was specifically designed to provide a high value, cost effective sealing solution for standard fluid power applications in general and heavy industries.
Thanks to its physical characteristic and chemical composition, this material is universally applicable, delivering optimum performance, reliability and productivity for hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders. AWC808 will be available in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Chesterton AWC808 has a durometer of 95 Shore A hardness and high tensile strength improve material resistance against mechanical stress/impact, pressure load and high-energy radiation. The excellent wear resistance and good friction properties offer improved reliability versus conventional rubber-based products, helping to extend cylinder mean time between repair (MTBR).
AWC808 is a thermoplastic polymer ideal for use in light and medium duty hydraulic/pneumatic applications. Its long-term elastic memory increases sealing preload which helps to ensure maximum performance even when exposed to low system pressure.
• Designed for industry-standard applications in heavy industry: Metal Forming, Wood Based, Injection Molding, Tire, Hydropower
• High durometer: High resistance against mechanical stress/impact, stress load and high-energy radiation (shock load)
• Thermoplastic material provides superior wear and abrasion resistance
• Hydrolysis resistant (water-based hydraulic fluids and outdoor applications)
• Superior chemical resistance
– petroleum based hydraulic fluids HF; HFL
– water based hydraulic fluids HFA, HFB
– fire-resistant fluids HFD-U;
– environmental-friendly fluids HETG, HEES
• Machinable material that eliminates long lead times with flexibility to provide same-day delivery
• Made-to-order product, available in wiper, rod, piston and static seal profiles to eliminate tooling costs associated with new sizes
• Sizes available up to 400 mm (15.75”) in diameter; flexibility for same-day service
Chesterton SpeedSeal™ Engineering & Manufacturing Centers
Chesterton’s SpeedSeal centers are strategically positioned around the globe to offer regional quick response, same-day service for polymer seals used in hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
About A.W. Chesterton Company Operating in over 100 countries around the world, Chesterton is recognized as a leading provider of knowledge backed solutions and expert service for Rotary, Stationary, and Fluid Power equipment supported by a comprehensive line of industrial fluid sealing solutions, high performance protective coatings, and specialty industrial lubrication.